Medicare Advantage Raleigh NC (Part C)
Raleigh Medicare Advantage (also known as Part C)
Medicare Advantage is a health plan offered private companies that contract with Medicare to provide additional coverage for medical expenses.
If you sign up for a Medicare Advantage Plan in Raleigh, it will provide all of your Medicare Part A + Part B benefits. These plans include the following:
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO)
- Plans For Those With Special Needs
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO)
- Private Fee-for-Service Plans
- Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans
What Does It Mean To Enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan in Raleigh?
- Most Medicare services are covered through the plan
- Medicare services aren’t paid for by Original Medicare
Most Medicare Advantage Plans in Raleigh also include Medicare prescription drug coverage. If you need are looking to enroll in Medicare Advantage, talk to one of our Raleigh Medicare advisors at (919)679-9720 or contact us online.
Who Can Get A Raleigh Medicare Advantage Plan?
If you live in Raleigh, you can generally join one of the following Medicare Advantage Plans.
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS)
- Medical Savings Account (MSA) Plan
If all of these apply:
- You live in Raleigh or the service area of the plan you want to join. Each individual plan can give you more information about the service area. If you live in different places throughout the year, ask for the best plan to give you year round coverage.
- You have Medicare Part A and Part B.
- You don’t have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
How Does A Medicare Advantage Plan in Raleigh Work?
Medicare Advantage Plans (or Medicare Part C) are a complete alternative to your original medicare plan. Medicare Advantage plans in Raleigh are offered by private companies that must be approved by Medicare. If you decide to join a Medicare Advantage plan, you will still retain your original Medicare plan. Raleigh Medicare Advantage plans are “bundled”, which means they include Medicare Part A & Medicare Part B (hospital & Medical insurance). The majority of Medicare Advantage plans in Raleigh NC also provide Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage).
Services Covered in Medicare Advantage Plans in Raleigh
Your Medicare Advantage plan will cover all Medicare Services, but some will have additional coverage, such as: vision, dental, and hearing coverage.
Raleigh Medicare Advantage Plan Rules
Each month, Medicare pays a fixed amount for your coverage to the private company which supplies your Medicare Advantage plan. These companies must follow the rules that have been set by Medicare.Medicare pays a fixed amount for your care each month to the companies offering Medicare Advantage Plans. These companies must follow rules set by Medicare.
Every Medicare Advantage Plan, in Raleigh, also can charge you different amounts for coverage and services. These out of pocket costs will differ between plans. They may also set different rules for the way you can get Medicare services, such as:
- If you need a referral to see a specialist
- If you must go to specific doctors or suppliers that belong to your Raleigh Medicare Advantage Plan, for non-emergency situations.
It is important to note, that with your plan, these rules can change on a yearly basis.
How Much Does A Medicare Advantage Plan in Raleigh Cost?
The cost of each Medicare Advantage plan differs based on the plan, coverage, and area you live in. There are different options available so talk to a specialist and find out which plan works best for you!
Prescription Drugs & Raleigh Medicare Advantage Plans
The Majority of Medicare Advantage plans include prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D) However, you can join a separate Medicare prescription drug plan with certain plans that:
- Don’t offer Prescription drug coverage (like Medicare Medical Savings Account plans)
- Choose not to offer drug coverage (like some Private Fee-for-Service plans)
It is important to note that you can be dis-enrolled from your Medicare Advantage Plan & put back on your original Medicare Plan if both of these apply:
- You’re in a Medicare Advantage HMO or PPO.
- You join a separate Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
Medigap policies do not work with Medicare Advantage Plans
Contact Us For Raleigh Medicare Advantage
Triangle Life and Health is here to help you with all of your questions about Medicare Advantage in Raleigh NC. We also provide help with Medicare Supplemetal, Medigap, Medicare Part D & Final Expenses insurance all over North Carolina, including: Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Chapel Hill, Apex, Greensboro, Asheville, Wilmington, Fayetteville, Cary, and other cities & towns. Contact us online or call us at (919)679-9720 for a free consultation. Or simply request a quote below!