Medicare Part C or Medicare Advantage Charlotte
Medicare Advantage in Charlotte, NC
Medicare Advantage, also known as Medicare Part C, is a privately managed health care plan that takes the place of your original Medicare Part A & Part B coverage and can provide additional coverage to cover your medical expenses. Medicare Advantage Plans can include the following coverage options:
● Special Needs Plans
● Private Fee-for-Service Plans
● Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO)
● Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO)
● Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans
Are You Eligible For Charlotte Medicare Advantage?
If you live in Charlotte and the following statements apply to you, chances are you are eligible to enroll in Medicare Advantage.
If you live in Raleigh, you can generally join one of the following Medicare Advantage Plans.
● You are already enrolled in Medicare Part A + Part B
● You are based in Charlotte (or in the area of the plan you want to join). If you move around throughout the year, it might be worth asking the best plans available for you to get year round coverage of your medical expenses.
● You don’t have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
How Does Charlotte Medicare Advantage Work?
As a complete alternative to Medicare part A & B, Medicare Advantage Plans (or Medicare Part C) are offered by private companies, which are approved by Medicare. Medicare Advantage Plans are bundled, which means that you still retain hospital and medical insurance. Also, most Medicare Advantage Plans in Charlotte come bundled with prescription drug coverage.
What Kinds Of Services Are Covered By Medicare Advantage in Charlotte?
Medicare Advantage plans differ from provider to provider, but they will all cover your original medicare services. Some will have extra coverage for dental, hearing, vision, and prescription drugs.
Rules To Keep in Mind When Choosing Medicare Advantage
Medicare pays a fixed amount for your coverage to the private company that is your Medicare Advantage carrier. These companies have rules that are set by Medicare that must be followed, which may mean that you have different rules on your Medicare Advantage plan as well.
Rules such as:
● You may need a referral to see a specialist.
● You may be required to see specific doctors or suppliers that are enrolled in your Medicare Advantage Plan in Charlotte.
Because these rules are offered by a private company, you may also note that they can change on a yearly basis and it is important to keep up to date with the latest rules for your Medicare Advantage plan.
What Is The Cost of Charlotte Medicare Advantage Plans?
Because different plans have different providers and services that they cover, there are different options available at different costs.
Talk to one of our Charlotte Medicare brokers and find out which plans will provide the coverage you need at the best price possible.
Prescription Drugs & Medicare Advantage In Charlotte
While most Medicare Advantage plans in Charlotte include prescription drug coverage, not all of them do. However, it is possible for you to join a separate prescription drug plan provided the following statements are true:
● Your separate plan doesn’t can’t offer drug coverage (like Medicare Medical Savings Account plans)
● Your separate plan chooses not to offer drug coverage (like some Private Fee-for-Service plans)
You can be dis-enrolled from your Charlotte Medicare Advantage Plan & be placed back in your original Medicare Plan if the following apply:
● You’re in a Medicare Advantage HMO or PPO.
● You join a separate Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
You Can Not Be Enrolled in Medigap & Medicare Advantage
Contact Triangle Life & Health For Medicare Advantage Charlotte, NC
If you have questions about Medicare Advantage in Charlotte, the professional insurance agents at Triangle Life and Health are here to help.
We also provide assistance with Medicare Supplement Plans (medigap), Medicare Part D, Final Expense & Burial Insurance across the entire state of North Carolina including the following cities and town: Raleigh, Durham, Apex, Fayetteville, Asheville, Greensboro, Chapel Hill, Cary, Wilmington, Southern Pines, and beyond.
Contact us online or give us a call at (919)689-6565 for a free consultation. Or simply request a quote below